A perfect location on the Isle of Wight
- The Little Barn is in the South West Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty on the Isle of Wight. 1.4 miles south of Shorwell village (with pub, Church and small shop/Post Office) the cottage is perfectly situated for exploring the Island.
- Sharing the grounds of The Main Barn (a traditional Isle of Wight sandstone, thatched building dating from 1764), there are approximately 2 acres of private land, with areas of landscaped garden, field, natural wetland and ponds, all surrounded by two small streams.
- Ideal for families, couples or a small group of friends (sorry no pets), The Little Barn is the only holiday accommodation in Dungewood Lane.
- The main living areas and the large deck focus on the south east aspect, looking away from The Main Barn towards St Catherine’s Down – a key landmark for the Isle of Wight.
- The secluded location also benefits from a lack of light pollution, making night skies beautifully clear and great for star gazing.
- The Isle of Wight has over 300 walks, suiting all ages and abilities, with over 500 miles of well-maintained footpaths. You don’t have to go far to enjoy one such walk, as the Shepherds Trail runs along Dungewood Lane. You can also walk to the sea in approximately 1 mile.
- The many beaches and visitor attractions that an Isle of Wight holiday has to offer, are easily accessible by car.
Note: Dungewood Lane and the track up to The Little Barn are unclassified roads and can suffer from potholes!
The pdf downloads below give you directions to The Little Barn from each of these. Just click on the appropriate download link for a printable pdf.
We recommend you do this as Sat Navs don’t always find us!
Google Maps is a very useful site for getting directions to the Island – you just need your own postcode and our postcode which is PO30 3LJ.
Address details for The Little Barn are:
The Little Barn
Isle of Wight